Part One: Treasure Hunt
- Pay attention to which emails you decide to open and read. Copy the subject lines of at least 15 emails that you choose to read over the course of a few days. Make notes about WHY you decided to open them. Share those notes in your post to the forum (see below).
- Subscribe to at least 3 newsletters from your DDR co-horts. (See the spreadsheet for links here.) As you receive those emails, note 3 things you like about each of them. Note one thing you feel could improve for each. Share those notes in your post to the forum (see below).
- Share your favorite email newsletter(s) – the ones you open and read no matter what the subject line says. Tell us why you signed up (if you can remember) and how often you receive. Why you love them.
Part Two: Your Turn
- Choose ONE area of your email marketing you’d like to begin to improve this month. Tell us what that is, and what you need to do/have to make that happen. And how you know you’ve succeeded. Think about:
– Opt-in Process/Gift
– Frequency you send
– Subject Lines
– Autoresponders: What needs to happen to catch folks up?
– Open rate
– Click rate
– Resulting Sales
Remember: Use our Facebook group to get as much feedback and brainstorming help as you can.
For additional review, download the slides: B&L – Nibble – Email Marketing
Your Test Kitchen mission:
- Identify three questions you think will be of value in building relationships with the people on your list.
- Include any giveaway info if needed (why did they sign-up in the first place?)
- Write the welcome email and set it up in your system.
- Know what you’re going to do differently going forward (Are you going to do twice per month instead of once? Are you going to change the format? What’s going to be different?)
Links to other tools you might find helpful:
For further study, see items posted in our Email Marketing Forum.