Joy Retreat Launch

Home Forums Planning Joy Retreat Launch

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  TreasuredGuest 2 years ago.

• Author

TreasuredGuest
    Participant

I decided to use an upcoming retreat for my Launch project. This will be a two-day event (November 14 & 15) with a maximum of 15 people. As I was planning this, I asked people in my community if they would like to have the option to come to just one day or both. They definitely liked having the option.

For the last two months, I have let my core community in southern Utah know about the date and asked them to save the date with more info coming. I find people need to know way ahead of time to make plans. I also asked for input on the pricing and got lots of encouragement to not price it too low. I settled on $75 for each event and $125 for both.

I spent time planning the event and meeting with the host property. This allowed me to have all the details to send out my first announcement to my Southern Utah and Las Vegas groups in my database. I did a blog post with all the details. http://www.cindyclemens.com/november-joy-retreat.

Then, I paused to think about who I really wanted to come. I wrote a list of my favorite members of my community and sent them personal invitations in the mail with a handwritten note attached.

Going forward, I will continue to plug the Joy Retreat in three ways:

1) The next four of my weekly newsletters will include a topic that will be covered at the Retreat. For this week, I will talk about identifying the joy bandits and mind monsters (yes, also to relate to Halloween) because a part of the retreat will be a fire ceremony to release the joy bandits. Plus, each newsletter will include a link to the blog post with all the details.

2) I will send special announcements to my membership group, the Injoy Cafe, who I have been using to beta test my community ideas and outdoor lunch & Learns. I will let them know every couple of weeks who from the group has already reserved a space so they know who will be there.

3) I will continue to do Facebook posts for my Cindy Clemens Life Coach business page and the Injoy Cafe private group with reminders about the fun activities we will be doing.

Right now I have 9 people for the Saturday night event and 6 for the Sunday event. I am very happy with these early numbers, and I am really hoping to fill up all 15 spots. I will actually be happy if I get 10 for each event, but 15 would mean I would actually make some decent income from this. Would be nice!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.