Letter to Terry, Reach for the stars!

Home Forums Sales Pages Letter to Terry, Reach for the stars!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Tea Silvestre 3 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

TreasuredGuest
    Participant

This scenario is actually a real client we are working with right now. Would love to hear your feedback!

Dear Terry:

We are so excited about your decision to become a professional photographer. We are looking forward to helping you get there. There are a few essential things that we can offer you to help you get to that goal.

You are a very creative photographer, but these days it’s very difficult to get the type and quality of images that you are looking for without the technical knowledge to back it up. Unfortunately, the program modes in your camera can’t get you those results, and we want to offer you some other solutions.

The first solution is our Professional Level Workshop package. It is a series of 3 private workshops that will teach you the essential skills you will need to start your business. What do you do when you are shooting in low light, what setting will you need when you are shooting sports, when is the best time to shoot a family at the beach?

The other essential skill included in this package is Photoshop. We include an eight week online course that will get you up to speed quickly with your editing. Simple, smart solutions to Photoshop that does not include hours behind the computer.

Also, we could help you set up the framework of your business. Between Mark and myself, we have over 50 years of experience traveling and photographing the world.  Not only that, Holly was a solo entrepreneur for 20 years in the design business and knows the ins and outs of a successful creative business.

We’d love to help you get up to speed right away, so click on this link to get our professional level package. We promise to be there for you and hold your had every step of the way.

Looking forward to working with you.

Mark and Holly Jansen
    Jansen Photo Expeditions

Testimonials
    “Holly and Mark are are amazing. They really know their stuff and give a lot of one to one attention. I can tell they are dedicated to providing a great experience with a lot of knowledge and enjoy sharing their passion for photography.” – Linda L.

“I’ve done photojournalism, industrial photography and portraiture for the Air National Guard for the last 20 years. Now that I have retired I wanted to move in a more artistic direction. I looked around for a way to get a different critique and direction and I found Mark and Holly. We spent several days traveling around the Big Sur coast shooting and critiquing what I shot. It was a big eye opener and put me back on the direction that started me in photography in the first place. They taught me the mechanical techniques that will help to make my images sharper and better composed. And just hearing Mark and Holly, with their background critique my photos gave me a better understanding of how to capture and process my photos was simply outstanding.” – Dave B.

1. Problem – Loves photography and seems to have a talent for it, but has little or no technology knowledge that can put her into the ranks of the pros.  She’s had a couple of gigs, but her husband has recently lost his job and they want to ramp up her photography skills fast, so she can start making real money in photography.  
    2.  Why does it persist?  She continues to shoot in the same manner, and continues to get the same result.  She knows she needs to start using the camera on the manual modes to get the results she wants, but she hesitant to put the time and money into actually learning it. 
    3. What’s possible – to take a series of private workshops in basic photography, Photoshop, and Photography Business 101 from us that will encompass not only the technical photography knowledge, but also help in setting up her business and getting her own her way with social media.  

4. why us?  Between Mark and myself, we have photography skills with a combination of  over 50 years of experience traveling and photographing the world.  Holly was a solo entrepreneur for 20 years in the design business and knows the ins and outs of a creative business.

5. We can help her on right now increase her photographic and business skills, learn to manage your camera easily and get the stunning results you have always wanted.

Feature: learn to use her camera for pro shooting    advantage:  easy to use and know what to do in every situation    benefit: stunning results that make her happy and makes money
    Feature:  Get instruction from two great photography teachers    advantage: two different perspectives with one on one attention    Benefit:  walk away with knowledge you can use forever – good feeling
    Feature:  Help her start on her photography business journey   Advantage:  We have over 25 years experience as entrepreneurs      Benefit: Create beautiful images for her clients – start a new business

Small taste:  Online class
    Main offer:  In person private Class
    main offer+:  A series of in person private classes with 8 week online photoshop

Tea Silvestre
    Keymaster

{Giving you some detailed feedback now so you can implement and possibly update what you’ve got before we have our case studies meeting}

1. You stated the problem as “Loves photography and seems to have a talent for it, but has little or no technology knowledge that can put her into the ranks of the pros. She’s had a couple of gigs, but her husband has recently lost his job and they want to ramp up her photography skills fast, so she can start making real money in photography.” In your opening paragraph to her, you need to mention these things and let her know you understand the emotions she’s probably feeling. (anxious? frustrated? etc.) This tells her that you “get” her and her problems. Don’t hurry past this part.
    2. The problem persists because “she’s hesitant to put the time and money into actually learning it.” Tell her you understand this. Why is she hesitant? Is she afraid she’ll waste money she doesn’t have? Is she fearful that she can’t learn these things? Has she tried to learn these things in any “free” ways?
    3. What’s possible needs to tell the story of what her life will be like once the problem is solved. It’s NOT about taking the class (yes, that’s the path to what’s possible), it’s about painting a picture of what she’ll be able to accomplish once she has those skills — and more importantly, how she’ll FEEL about that.
    4. Go deeper on this. Yes, you have LOADS of experience. And you’ve got some great testimonials that can speak to other aspects of Why You. Don’t hurry past this either.
    5. Your call to action is good. Your 3 levels are appropriate.

So take this feedback and flesh out your letter. Don’t hurry this. Write it from your heart. Add in the emotional bits that will help her see that you understand what she’s going through. Sound good?

TreasuredGuest
    Participant

Thanks Tea!

TreasuredGuest
    Participant

Great job Holly.

TreasuredGuest
    Participant

Based on your feedback Tea, here is the re-write of the letter It still feels a little negative and heavy to me, especially in the beginning. Kind of like those people that always stand up in networking and tell you the world is going to come to an end if you don’t buy their “thing.” I guess I want to lighten it up and make it about the possibilities.

Dear Terry:

We are so excited about your decision to become a professional photographer. We are looking forward to helping you get there. There are a few essential things that we can offer you to help you get to that goal.

We know you love photography and that you are very creative at your craft, but as I think you have found out, it’s frustrating and difficult to get consistent quality images without the technical knowledge to back it up. Especially if you are excited about turning it into a business, you want to only spend the time you need shooting and working in Photoshop to get the professional results you desire. Unfortunately, the automatic program modes in your camera can’t get you those results, and we want to offer you some other solutions.

We also understand you may be hesitant to put the time and money required into learning the craft the right way. There’s no guarantees in life, but we know we can help you focus on the essential elements and put you on your way. Your money will be put to good use.

Once you have these skills under your belt, you will be able to shoot confidently in many different situations and know that you can get back to your office and be able to quickly make the editing changes necessary to produce the professional quality you desire. You will be grateful you took the time to learn these skills and your work will reflect that.

The first solution is our Professional Level Workshop package. It is a series of 3 private workshops that will teach you the essential skills you will need to start your business. What do you do when you are shooting in low light, what setting will you need when you are shooting sports, when is the best time to shoot a family at the beach, and much more.

The other essential skill included in this package is Photoshop. We include an eight week online course that will get you up to speed quickly with your editing. Simple, smart solutions to Photoshop that does not include hours behind the computer. This class is taught through weekly lessons with homework assignments each week. Also included is a half hour coaching call each week.

Also, we could help you set up the framework of your business. Between Mark and myself, we have over 50 years of experience traveling and photographing the world.  Not only that, I was a solo entrepreneur for 20 years in the design business and I know the ins and outs of a successful creative business. When I first started in the design business, I didn’t really have a mentor to help me learn the ropes and I grew slowly, but because of my persistence and creativity, I fin

We’d love to help you get up to speed right away, so click on this link to get our professional level package. We promise to be there for you and hold your had every step of the way.

Looking forward to working with you.

Mark and Holly Jansen
    Jansen Photo Expeditions

Tea Silvestre
    Keymaster

I gave you some pointers in the meeting today. Please watch the video and when you’ve got a sales page up, please share the link with us in the FB group so we can give more feedback.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.