Making a decision on body of work

Home Forums Branding Making a decision on body of work

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tea Silvestre 3 years ago.

• Author

TreasuredGuest
    Participant

1. Feedback from your clients, audience, colleagues and peers:
    >> What THREE words would you use to describe me?
    Here are my words: encouraging, inspiring, inquisitive, insightful, smart, persistent, celebrity- like???, open-minded, professional
    >> What ONE EMOTION do you feel when you think about me/my brand? acceptance, you’re OK and great in fact, thoughtful & truthful inspiration

>> What ONE QUALITY do you associate most with my business/me? authentic, reveals/discerns the spark – the truth, unveils people’s gifts

2. Pick ONE area of your branding to improve and clarify this month: body of work – path up to the mountain top

3. Identify what you need (resources, decisions, etc.) to make that happen. Outline the steps you’ll take.

Packaging what I do into something more concrete that just branding. When I spoke with my clients, they associate my strengths more with being a business strategist than with branding. I created Brand From Within because it was what I needed ironically.

I had a hard time committing to “services” because I didn’t want to miss out on any work. And since my expertise is so broad, I didn’t want to commit to concrete services
    – build it – define the core business offerings based on who you are & market needs
    – brand it – create all the marketing that makes you unique
    – broadcast it – video and content marketing
    It’s live on my website thanks to Tea, helping me. http://www.brandfromwithin.com/services

I’m still trying to integrate more of me (on the personal side) into my brand. That is coming up. I want to establish my core expertise first, then integrate the personal brand side. I don’t want people to be confused when I reveal more of my personal brand. Your thoughts?

TAGLINE? I came up with some taglines/headlines but nothing really stuck…playing with the words such as marketing strategies for the holistic entrepreneur.

According to my fascinate assessment I’m the rockstar so I work best with people who want unconventional/bold ideas or forward thinking ideas. Other words – perceptive insights, perceptive problem solver, forward thinking results, energizing creativity, innovate skillset….

4. Take action and report to the group when you post your summary (see deadline below).
    I will write a blog post on this. Need to think through the lesson.

Tea Silvestre
    Keymaster

Committing to a path (or specific services) will help you immensely when it comes to messaging and branding. Spend the next 6 to 12 months focusing like a laser on these and you will build a solid reputation which you can then expand to include other services, if you want.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.