Starting over on G+

Home Forums Socializing on Social Media Starting over on G+

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Tea Silvestre 3 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

TreasuredGuest
    Participant

I focused on Google+ to try to wrap my head around this growing media. My personal profile is google.com/+leedrozakbiz. Right now I am still struggling to understand the ins and outs. I am frustrated too because unlike the other networks this one still baffles me.

I am starting to build my circles and have joined a group for resources about G+. I have gotten much information from the group including some good reading materials about using G+.

I have been slacking on my sharing and liking as I struggled on whether to continue or not. I did decide to use the 10 day plan to create a 30 day plan and give it that much time. So basically I am starting the exercise over now that I have my head wrapped around it a tad bit more.

TreasuredGuest
    Participant

Hi Lee:
    I’m feeling the same way about Google+. Everyone is saying it’s the way to go, and I just don’t get it yet. I think I will continue to do my 10 minutes a day and see where it goes by the end of the month. I’ll check in with you and see how it’s going!
    Holly

Tea Silvestre
    Keymaster

Not sure that’s where my target market is, but I am sure that your postings will do better in search rankings with that whole Google thing behind it. Good luck!

TreasuredGuest
    Participant

@Holly, It’s good to know that I am not the only flounderer there. and I don’t think we are the minority.

@Thanks Gloria. My target market is slowly venturing there to it is best that I dig in and learn it.

Anonymous

Hi Lee,

I found Google+ baffling when I first started out with it a couple of years or so ago – I read Guy Kawasaki’s What the Plus! and found that useful and inspiring, but I still couldn’t really get to grips with G+ when I tried using it myself. What’s changed it for me from a business perspective with this DDR task is that I’ve realized my target are there in huge numbers – and most probably they’ve been there right from the beginning but I didn’t see them, and I missed a big opportunity. Kicking myself now 🙂

Tea Silvestre
    Keymaster

Really glad to hear you’re going to take this experiment to the next level with a 30-day test. I’d LOVE to read a blog post on how it turns out for you.

As Gloria points out, at the very least, G+ helps us with search rankings. So it won’t be a total wash if it doesn’t pan out as you’d hoped.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.