June 23, 2014 at 6:22 am #934
After assessing my brand I realized that there are holes in the message portion and some adjustments need made to the look.
My brand is not consistent across the board. While I am trying to be fun and informative it was just not coming together as I hoped. Also, my brand was very vague. I am now a personal brand but was still not conveying what my specialty is.
Feedback from my peeps:
3-words: funny, helpful, knowledgeable, resourceful
1-emotion: soothing or relief, the main feeling was the reliability
1-quality: capable or resourceful
One area to clarify and that I will be working on:
I’m going to work on my signature dish. I originally was concentrating on technology but it was not defined enough so I will be putting out there that I love to work in WordPress and you should too. I need to start building my new brand with this foundation in mind.
Steps I need to take:
- Define my 3-words to act as my guideline and work them into the emotion and quality aspects.
- My logo will be changed to incorporate my personal brand and my theme. I am looking into a caricature or cartoon version of me.
- Change my tagline to “Working Smarter in WordPress”
- Collect new testimonials for those who answered the survey then work on an across the board way to gather.
- Work on my DoneWithYou package to concentrate on the coaching service.
- Change social profiles to reflect all of the above starting with FB and Twitter where I am most active.
I am working on a blog post with all the new and excited steps I have taken to define my brand. The descriptive words were the kicker to make this fun and easy.
June 24, 2014 at 5:05 am #943
Great steps, Lee! I’m working on my coaching services as well. If your tagline is Working Smarter in WordPress, what do you envision as a caricature? It could be really fun.
June 30, 2014 at 7:30 am #958
Nice job! Can’t wait to hear the update on how this is going for you.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.