Story Raven System ~ Bullet Journal and CEO Meetings

Home Forums Systems Story Raven System ~ Bullet Journal and CEO Meetings

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Carmen Taggart 2 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Carmen Taggart
    Participant

I chose to add meetings with myself on Tuesday and Friday Morning – since those are my days “off” from my part time job at Artella and I liked having more than one so that I could evaluate my goals.

I decided to use those meetings in the following way ~ on Tuesdays: I would work on my plan for the week, compare it to my highest/lowest goals for the month. And break things down into doable steps. On Fridays: I will evaluate what has and has not worked for the week and what I would like to accomplish over the weekend and the beginning of next week.

Agenda’s:
    Tuesday’s
    *Evaluate upcoming events/projects
    *Make list of people to contact that week
    *List of small step projects for the week to fit in & keep forward momentum in creating an offering
    *Blog Writing/Web Content Progress/Evaluate Publication Schedule/Editorial Calendar
    *What are the money items

Friday’s
    *Evaluate Progress
    *Make list of what want to do, if anything over the weekend
    *Make list of “to dos” for next week
    *Make note of adjustments realizations from this week

The system that I decided to focus on the last two weeks was my use of my To-Do List. When I first joined the DDR there was a post about the Bullet Journal, http://www.bulletjournal.com/, I implemented it into managing the work I do for Artella, Schooling, and my Charity work. I for some reason did not include my to-do’s for Story Raven. For the last two weeks I have included daily & weekly to-dos, and have been labeling the posts that relate to bringing in income either now or in the future with $$ signs. I have also included a page with highest and minimum goals to meet conditions of satisfaction for the month so that I can have a constant visual reminder of where I want to be going.

This has shifted my focus ~ so that at the very least, I touch my business projects for a minimum of 45 minutes a day. I know that is a small step but it feels like continuing with this focus will help to bring about the big changes that I am trying to create one step at a time!

I have also added a Gratitude list section and a Ta-Da list where I can recognize myself for all of those extra things that get squeezed into a day and you wonder where a day went. I added these to help keep me positive and not to be discouraged that things are taking longer than I would like them to!

Tea Silvestre
    Keymaster

Great job, Carmen! My only question for you is how/when will you work on the longer term, more strategic things? What you’ve outlined here is awesome for short-term and keeping things from falling through the cracks. Is there some time you can set aside once or twice per month to just think about longer term stuff?

Carmen Taggart
      Participant

I am hoping to add that in at the beginning and end of each month ~ I have created a space in my Journal for Goal Setting both near and long term. And I am hoping to establish a year in view type calendar within the next few weeks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.