1. Assess Your Branding and Pick an Area that You Want to Improve:
- Your Big Why and how it’s expressed visually, verbally, etc.
- Your Collaborations/Partnerships
- How You Serve Your Clients
2. Outline (step-by-step) what needs to happen to improve your branding, and what resources you need in order to take action.
Remember: Use our Facebook group to get as much feedback and brainstorming help as you can.
For additional review, download the slides: B&L – Zest – Branding
Your Test Kitchen Mission
- Assess your current branding elements to see what might be unclear (see the slides and/or recording above).
- Ask for feedback from your clients, audience, colleagues and peers:
>> What THREE words would you use to describe me?
>> What ONE EMOTION do you feel when you think about me/my brand?
>> What ONE QUALITY do you associate most with my business/me?
- Find the best THREE elements or qualities to incorporate into your branding — one being a weakness or a quirk, the other two being neutral or positive.
- Modify your About Page so that these are highlighted in some way.
- Pick ONE area of your branding to improve and clarify this month (see recording for elements to consider).
- Identify what you need (resources, decisions, etc.) to make that happen. Outline the steps you’ll take.
- Come up with THREE social media posts (tweets or status updates) that illustrate these bits of you.
- EXTRA CREDIT: Use this new information to write a blog post for your site.
Simplify a Complicated Branding Story [blog post]
Collaborations: 12 Ways to Build Your Brand [blog post]
Designing a Brand that Works: 6 Key Elements [blog post]
For further study, see items posted in our Branding Forum