First, catch up on our meeting here:
Part One: Treasure Hunt
- Pay attention to which emails you decide to open and read. Copy the subject lines of at least 15 emails that you choose to read over the course of a few days. Make notes about WHY you decided to open them. Share those notes in your post to the forum (see below).
- Subscribe to at least 3 newsletters from your DDR co-horts. (See the spreadsheet for links here.) As you receive those emails, note 3 things you like about each of them. Note one thing you feel could improve for each. Share those notes in your post to the forum (see below).
- Share your favorite email newsletter(s) – the ones you open and read no matter what the subject line says. Tell us why you signed up (if you can remember) and how often you receive. Why you love them.
Part Two: Your Turn
- Choose ONE area of your email marketing you’d like to begin to improve this month. Tell us what that is, and what you need to do/have to make that happen. And how you know you’ve succeeded. Think about:
– Opt-in Process/Gift
– Frequency you send
– Subject Lines
– Autoresponders: What needs to happen to catch folks up?
– Open rate
– Click rate
– Resulting Sales
- Post a summary of your notes, answers, and questions to the Email Marketing Forum no later than Noon, Friday, May 22nd (Pacific Time).
Each person who meets the deadline is entered to win: ONE FREE 30-min email marketing strategy session. (Can be used to help with tech and/or implementation.)
Remember: Use our Facebook group to get as much feedback and brainstorming help as you can.
For additional review, download the slides: B&L – Nibble – Email Marketing